The newly-appointed NHBRC Council has developed and agreed on a set of strategic priorities for its term of office with the Shareholder, the Ministry of Human Settlements. This includes strategic capacitation of the organisation, a clean audit, review of the operating model, social transformation strategy, review of the legislation, visibility and accessibility and being a leader in knowledge creation amongst others.
“The most critical issue is to set the tone at the top in terms of governance and ethical perspective,” says new Chairperson Abbey Chikane.
This entails implementing new protocols in terms of governance, accountability, responsibilities and reporting mechanisms that will ensure that the Council executes its mandate diligently.
To address this, two new committees have been formed, including the Social and Ethics Committee which will focus on ethical leadership, ethics in the industry, internal fraud cases and contractors who build shoddy houses.
“Other areas of interest are the new transformation strategy which focuses on women, youth, military veterans and people with disabilities,” says Chikane.
The Minister of Human Settlements, Ms Lindiwe Sisulu appointed new Council members with effect with from 01 August 2015 until 31 July 2018, comprising of the following members:
1. Mr Abbey Chikane (Chairperson of Council)
2. Ms Julieka Bayat (Deputy Chairperson of Council) – Chairperson of the Industry Advisory Committee
3. Ms Xoliswa Eunice Daku (Chairperson of the Social Transformation Committee)
4. Mr Themba Thomas Cyril Dlamini (Chairperson of the Registrations Committee)
5. Ms Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu (Chairperson of the Bid Adjudication Committee)
6. Ambassador Segogwane Samuel Kotane (Chairperson of the Social & Ethics Committee)
7. Mr Phetola Nailana Solomon Makgathe – Member of HCREMCO & Fund Advisory and Finance Committees
8. Ms Mankwana Christinah Mohale – Member of HCREMCO & Bid Adjudication Committees etc.
9. Ms Busisiwe Nwabisa Nzo (Chairperson of Technical Research & Advisory Committee)
10. Mr Alvin Phumudzo Rapea (Chairperson of Human Capital and Remuneration Committee)
11. Mr Goolam Hoosen Manack – Chairperson of Fund Advisory and Finance Committee
12. Mr Obed Lucas Molotsi (Department of Public Works representative)
13. Mr Lulama Andisa Potwana (Department of Trade and Industry representative)
14. Mr Mziwonke Jacobs – Member of Bid Adjudication & Industry Advisory Committees
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact Molebogeng Taunyane on 011 317 0070 or email email@example.com.