1. Download the application form
2. Complete the form
3. Return the form to your nearest NHBRC customer care office (see our offices)
4. Make payment (see prescribed fee structure)
Please note that your application will not be processed and/or considered without the following:
1. Completed and signed registration application form (AR003).
2. A valid Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) registration certificate
3. Certified copies of ID/Passports of all members/directors/trustees/partners/sole proprietors of the business. The copies must have been certified within the last 3 months. If a person is not South African, then a certified copy of the passport and work permit is required.
4. A stamped letter from the bank confirming the applicant’s banking details or a copy of a cancelled blank cheque. This must not be older than 3 months. Email print outs will not be allowed.
5. Proof of residence which must not be older than 3 months.
6. Appointment letter of the Technical Manager including confirmation of their technical ability and a written acceptance of his/her appointment. (This is only required should the Technical Manager not be part of the Managing members of the company or a Sole Trader.)
7. An original copy of a valid tax clearance from SARS.
8. Signed consent letter for credit check.
9. Notice of Incorporation (Co 14.1). (PTY ONLY)
10. Registration certificate (Co 14.3). (PTY ONLY)
11. Certified copy of incorporation (CM 29). Please note that a Memorandum of Corporation is no longer supplied to companies. (PTY ONLY)
12. Notice of incorporation. (PTY ONLY)
13. Certified copy of shareholding certificate. (PTY ONLY)
14. Trust Resolution / Deed of Trust (TRUST ONLY)
15. Certified copy of Partnership agreement letter. (PARTNERSHIP ONLY)
16. Constitution of Co-Operative limited to be supplied. (CO-OPERATIVE ONLY)
After you submit all your documents, you’ll be issued with a Home Building Manual (2015) as part of the Registration Process. You will then have to go and study in preparation for the technical exam.
Assessments are conducted from Monday to Friday at your nearest NHBRC customer care office. You’ll need enquire about the scheduled times for these technical assessments.
Builders are allowed only two attempts in order to pass the technical test within 30 days of paying the application fee.
Cost of registration
• Initial application fee is R745.61 which is not refundable (once off).
• An annual membership fee of R526.32 is due every year.
Ensure that all fees (application fee and annual fee) due are paid through EFT or cash deposit into the NHBRC bank account prior to attending a builders’ induction workshop.
Please note that we do not accept cash at any of our offices.
Applicants must attend a Builders’ Induction workshop for confirmation of application and to receive their registration certificate. These workshops are held Monday to Friday at your nearest NHBRC customer care office.