Obligations of the Home Builder
• Register with the NHBRC and renew your membership annually
• Enter into a written agreement with your client before you commence with construction
• Enrol the home at least 15 days before construction begins
• Ensure the home is constructed in accordance with the NHBRC’s technical requirements, and the terms, plans and specifications of the written agreement
• Rectify non-compliance with terms, plans and specifications or any deficiency related to design, workmanship or materials, as notified by the housing consumer, that occur within a period of three months from date of occupation
• Repair roof leaks attributable to workmanship, design or materials, as notified by the housing consumer, that occur within a period of twelve months from date of occupation
• Rectify major structural defects, as notified by the housing consumer, that manifest within a period of five years from date of occupation.