JOB TITLE : MANAGER: REGULATORY AND ENFORCEMENT
CONTRACT TYPE : 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE : COMPETITIVE SALARY ALIGNED TO NHBRC SALARY GRADES
REPORTING TO : CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
LOCATION : SUNNINGHILL
The responsibility of Manager: Regulatory and Enforcement is to advise Council, the Executive Committee, and the organization on legal, regulatory, compliance and enforcement matters in a manner which supports the NHBRC to become the leading Regulator in the Home Building Industry. The Manager: Regulatory and Enforcement is further responsible to lead and direct the Regulatory and Enforcement Team in excellence in the execution of National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) strategic priorities aligned with the mandate.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provide input, lead, and guide the development and implementation of Regulatory and Enforcement Section strategy and plans in line with the NHBRC strategic objectives.
- Implementation of Regulatory and Enforcement Section’s Performance Plans as aligned to the organizational Performance Plans
- Accountability for the overall budgetary allocation of the Regulatory and Enforcement Section.
- Manage staff in fostering a healthy work environment of high ethical standards and full compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Accountable for providing leadership and communicating the vision/goals of the Regulatory and Enforcement Section as aligned to the NHBRC mandate.
- Implement and Manage the Regulatory and Enforcement Section’s strategies, policies, procedures and/or frameworks to ensure the incorporation of digital innovation in the execution of the mandate.
- Contribute to strategic planning processes to ensure that organizational plans are informed by high quality legal, policy and regulatory.
- Provide input into strategic legal counsel to Executive Management, Committees of Council and Council to ensure protection of the interest of the organisation
- Communicate the strategic context and implementation plans to Regulatory and Enforcement staff to ensure operational best practice and continuous service improvement
- Provide leadership to Regulatory and Enforcement staff to ensure excellence in legal advisory services, litigation, enforcement, regulatory and contractual management.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategy to ensure that it is implemented in a manner that supports organisational and operational imperatives.
- Implement legal enforcement, regulatory and compliance; and litigation management policies, procedures and/or frameworks to minimise, manage risks, ensure compliance, and facilitate reporting requirements.
- Provide innovative, practical, and contemporary legal leadership and expertise to resolve significant and complex legal issues on behalf of the organisation.
- Lead and guide legislative processes relating to the mandate of the organisation to ensure compliance and up to date legislative environment.
- Remain up to date with key developments in the industry and within the legislative and regulatory environment
- Establish, manage, and facilitate enforcement of the Act and other applicable legislative framework as and when required.
- Apply principles of good corporate governance and legislative compliance to the Regulatory and Compliance Section.
- Manage corporate governance matters related to the Section and develop Risk Mitigation Plans.
- Submit risk mitigation recommendations for consideration, noting and/or approval to Divisional Executive.
- Monitor the implementation of audit findings (both internal and Auditor-General’s) within the agreed timelines to contribute
towards the achievement of organisational clean audit.
- Report on the implementation of audit finding and mitigation of risks identified.
- Monitor the management of both strategic and operational risks to ensure efficient mitigation thereof.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with relevant stakeholders to serve the interest of the of both the Section and the organisation.
- Establish and monitor healthy diverse workable internal and external relations and implement remedial actions where required in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Represent the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) at all relevant committees.
- Accountable for the functional Financial Management of Regulatory and Enforcement Section.
- Resource the Section in line with the approved budget.
- Monitor Sectional spending and variances against budget and recovery of remedial costs, DC penalties, and taxed bill of costs from judicial and quasi-judicial for a.
- Implement cost containment initiatives.
- Encourage the utilization of internal resources and expertise to drive cost efficiency where practical and possible.
- Establish goals for budget adherence and controls for relevant area.
- Assess/review and authorize payments in line with the Delegation of Authority policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB).
- Admission as an attorney or advocate.
- Minimum 5 years legal advisory experience post admission.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Mr. Nkosenhle Duma
Tel: (011) 317 0168
CLOSING DATE: 08 March 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager: Regulatory and Enforcement” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.