CONTRACT TYPE : 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
AA/EE : NOT APPLICABLE
JOB GRADE : PEROMNES 5
REPORTING TO : CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
LOCATION : CENTRAL OFFICE, SUNNINGHILL, JHB.
Reporting functionally to Council through the Chairperson of the Audit and Risk Management Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Audit Executive is responsible to provide independent and objective assurance and advisory services to the NHBRC Executive Management and Council (Including the Audit and Risk Management Committee and all Council Sub-Committees) on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, governance and compliance processes that contribute to the NHBRC performance and sustainability.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Interpret business plan and develop a functional budget aimed at achieving the approved objectives (operational, Capex and employee budget).
• Implement appropriate controls and effectively manage the approved budgets, report variances and monitor the implementation of remedial actions to minimize impact.
• Develop and execute Internal Audit strategy
• Advice and guide in the context of the corporate responsibility on Business Strategy and related Risk and Corporate Governance aspects.
• Develop and implement a strategic resource plan that delivers an aligns to organizational goals.
• Align strategy, execution and performance management for Internal Audit.
• Provide insight and analysis in companywide initiative such as companies strategic plans as part of advisory services.
• Provide advice to executives on new products services, projects and emerging risks.
• Provide Armco and council committees with assurance that empowers them to effectively oversee and guide the NHBRC.
• Advice NHBRC on alignment of individual KPI’s and KPI’s with strategic objectives.
• Audit quarterly performance report submitted by the Executive before submission to Council.
• Advise the Executive on Audit and Corporate Governance requirements and principles and participate in this regard with the Executive and Management Forums.
• Provide Executives with audit reports on governance, risk, control and compliance issues to address audit findings.
• Develop and implement a dashboard reporting system on governance, risk, controls and compliance issues including king IV requirements for Executive and Board.
• Share and promote discussion on emerging business and industry issues their impact on business from a risk, governance and control perspective and identify and recommend strategies to respond to them.
• Provide assurance to Council and EXCO on significant Audit issues that impact on business strategy, operations, reporting and compliance and sustainability.
• Conduct special Audits on Ethics/Fraud Risk Management and compliance
• Leverage on technology to enhance quality, effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Review and report on Internal Audit performance quarterly, based on the corporate scorecard and previous internal Audit findings.
• Develop and oversee appropriate policies procedures and process flows to guide Audit function.
• Develop and ensure implementation of the Audit Charter.
• Respond to audit queries from external quality assurance review on internal audit and address highlighted gaps-compliance and performance-report to Council.
• Monitor and implement remedial actions based on risk assessment for Internal Audit.
• Develop and submit audit improvement plan to the Department of Human Settlement.
• Participate in companywide policy and procedure development and reviews.
• Advice and guide and NHBRC on all significant Key Business Projects as part of the decision-making process.
• Develop and implement quality assurance program as per IA standard and reports to Council.
• Track and report on the implementation of Auditor General findings.
• Compile and present internal audit reports to Council, relevant Council sub-committees, EXCO and Chief Executive Officer.
• Accountable for evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of system of internal control and provide constructive and cost-effective recommendations to improve operations.
• Communicating the NHBRC Audit Management Framework to all stakeholders and monitor implementation.
• Encourage and create an Audit awareness culture within NHBRC and communicate the Audit Management policy, strategy and methodology.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the provincial offices including provincial and national departments.
• Drive and track audit sessions and meetings with Divisions covering critical risk, controls and governance.
• Conduct workshops to Divisions to entrench identification and implementation of controls with their areas.
• Drive combined assurance model which incorporates business risk and compliance sections.
• Communicate the results of Internal Audit findings to relevant stakeholders.
• Must hold an appropriate Honours B degree or equivalent (NQF 7) preferably in a Business-Related field.
• Must be professionally certified in a recognized Audit Management qualification.
• Possession of an NQF level (9) qualification in Audit, Commerce and Business will be highly advantageous.
• Minimum ten (10) years Internal Audit management in larger organization with at least 5 years’ experience in an Executive /Senior Management position.
• Proven leadership experience and has managed Internal Audit teams.
• Hands on and practical experience in applying Internal Audit tools and techniques such as modelling, stress tests, predictive and statistical analysis.
• An up to date understanding of and a strong commitment to good corporate governance and other regulatory reporting requirements.
• Effective organizing and management skills.
• An understanding of the PFMA, National Treasury Regulations and Auditor General Regulations.
• Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors will be an added advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Ms. Bathabile Gabaza
Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 19 October 2022
Please email your CV to email@example.com with “Chief Audit Executive” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.